Jock wing mini meet?

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
DesH

Jock wing mini meet?

Postby DesH » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:18 pm

Am away on holiday from tomorrow for a week sailing the Great Glen but have a week off when I'm back and just wondered if we could get a wee Jock Nipper wing meet somewhere? I should be free pretty much any time from the 28th June until the 7th July, from what I can see the weather could be pretty decent too! Perhaps a wee jaunt over to Oban or something might be a nice day out?

Anyone else fancy it?

Regards

Des

EDIT - Meant to post this in the fly-in section, Paul can you move this post please as it wont let me delete it!

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Re: Jock wing mini meet?

Postby G-NIPR » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:16 am

Hi Des,
Sounds like a plan, I will check my roster and propose a date. Hopefully John will be around too.
Oban sounds just the job, perhaps take in Mull while we are down there.
Will get back in touch hopefully today,

Paul.
G-NIPR.

JAB

Postby JAB » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi Chaps

I am available for a nipper round-up most of those dates.

Families day at Fife on the 4th July- could join up there and flyout somewhere.

Did 30 mins of aeros over the coast pm today, weather great, with the sea almost med like.

Cheers John

Pat Blenkinsopp

Postby Pat Blenkinsopp » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Des, Paul, John,
Your little proposed getogether sounds like fun. Just wish I was a little closer. Confused
Hope it goes well. I can think of nothing nicer than doing aeros over Oban and surrounds. Very Happy
Did some aeros after work tonite and what a beautiful evening. Britain looks very green from the air at the moment.
Nipper performing brilliantly and it is mega nice to be able to beat up the strip and not worry about ATC and radios etc.
Those lowlevel circuits around the trees are FUN. (cant be legal.....go to the strip 5 min away, after work and do some
aeros.........has to be a catch somewhere.......nope....ENJOY) Laughing
Fly safe.
Kind regards,
Pat G-ASXI

DesH

Postby DesH » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Afternoon chaps,

Thats me back from my week on the loch's with some of the most fantastic weather and scenery anyone could ask for!!

I'm basically free any day this week from Tuesday onwards for a wee meet up so can fit in as required! John, you have my number for short notice outings!

Regards

Des

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Hello all,
I have checked my roster and I am available on Thursday and Friday this week.
The BBC five day forecast suggests we might suffer from rain showers then, but being an optimist I am happy to plan for that.
Anyone up for say Oban later this week??

Speak soon,

Paul.
G-NIPR.

JAB

Postby JAB » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Des and Paul

I'm free!

Wed Thurs Fri this week so lets get it on! Weather Gods please take note!!

There is a Families Day at Fife Airport on Sat. The Chairman has invited me - I wonder why? However, as there are no landing fees for this event and all are welcome we could meet there.
A Nipper three ship fly-by could be the Ds Bs.

Cheers

JAB

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:55 am

John,
I should be able to make it on Saturday, at around midday. Im on standby until 1100 zulu but will see how the land lies and try to make it for then.
Will hopefully see you both on thurs or fri too.
Will wx check on weds eve and be in touch.

Paul.
G-NIPR.

JAB

Postby JAB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Well, as expected the weather gods have spoilt the Jock Wing's fly-out to Oban.
1000 vis 800' bkn + Mist and CB's are not the sort of weather that you should be out in,much to the disappointment of Paul,Des and Myself.

On the plus side I was at Perth today and witnessed another Pilot to join and be qualified as a Grinner.
Des, looped and rolled FE above Perth returning with a grin wider that the hangar doors - well done mate.

Here's hoping that Fife tomorrow will be better.

Cheers

JAB

DesH

Postby DesH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Cheers kindly for the tips on the finer points of Nipper aeros and also for giving me a hand with my oil change!! (just glad the T's & P's are back in limits!)

Hope you also enjoyed your flight in a Nipper with a proper pokey engine up front, none of this hand swinging nonsense either Laughing

JAB

Postby JAB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Ha Ha Des

VW power and hand jobs work! so don't knock it. Mine will fly upside down and still run [sometimes]

FE fly's very well with a light old person in,even though I could not see out of the front.

You need the extra power to compensate for the weight!

See you tomorrow

JAB

DesH

Postby DesH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Indeed, Jabiru Nipper = fat lads chariot!

I'm sure Larry will have something to say about that once he figures out how to get his password reset!!!

See you tomorrow, weather looking nice for a change....

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Well that was fun wasnt it!
Good wx and good company, a real nice buzz about the place.
Nice to meet you Des and Larry, and nice to catch up John.
I think our steeds got some attention, despite the noisy fly by's of the scale Spitfire and Tiger Moth!
I enjoyed our 'departure', ('Nipper formation, break break GO!!!') Were you ever based at Scampton in your 'blue' days John!!!???
Had a nice trip home at 4000ft and arrived to a rather gusty and thermic Inverness.
Nipper performed well, and will be rewarded when I get time with an oil change.
Back to reality tomorrow with a charter in the Dash 8, Finland to Stornoway of all things. Gonna be a looooong day.
Catch up with you all soon.

Paul.
G-NIPR.

Ps: Pics to be uploaded in pictures section in the next few mins.
Please put yours on their too.

DesH

Postby DesH » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 pm

An excellent day out indeed Paul and very nice to meet and fly with you!

I have to confess the "Nipper formation, Break, Break, GO!!" was my doing, the missus had been calling us the "Red Sparrows" before we took off so I thought it fitting! To redeem herself she did however get some very good video footage of our stream departure, formation pass and me beating up the runway. I also spoke to one of the professional photographers after who had some excellent shots of our formation pass, from the video footage taken on the ground it looked extremely neat so should come out well, surprising given how bumpy it was!

Is it possible to have any more fun in a Nipper???, going to be a tricky one to beat!!!

PS, was that you asking me to slow down on the climb out John? I was already down at 2/3 power so I guess I'm not that fat after all you cheeky b*gger!!! Laughing

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”