I made it!

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
DesH

I made it!

Postby DesH » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Well, after a heck of a long day yesterday starting at 5am, G-CCFE is now hapily tucked in the corner of the hanger at Perth!

Managed the trip in just 2 legs, Yeovilton to Carlisle in 2hrs 45mins, Carlisle to Perth in just about 1hr 20mins after I took a scenic detour along the Hillfoots at Striling.

A bit of a writeup and some picture to follow once my backside has recovered!, over 4 hrs in a Nipper in one day is testing the limits of human tolerances, especially when your 6'3" like I am !!
Still, cant have been that bad as I manged another 45mins today, some formation flying with 2 other Nippers and my first venture into Nipper aeros, fantastic!

Cheer for all who offered help and advice along the way!

Des

Neil Spooner

Re: I made it!

Postby Neil Spooner » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Well done Des,

The inane Nipper grin is great!! It just goes to show how much fun you can have with a plane that burns just 3gals of mogas/hr. I have access to a Luscombe Silvaire also, but it is like driving a tank in comparison...........look fwd to the photos.

All the best,

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Well done Des!
I listened out for you on Scottish FIS, and wanted to call Perth info to check on your whereabouts, but for the life of me could not find a single publication with the frequency onboard the Dash 8!
Anyhow you made it. Well done. I am hankering after another long trip again now...
I will be in touch for a meet up down your way soon, are weekdays any good to you?

Paul.
G-NIPR.

DesH

Postby DesH » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Cheers Paul, I was on Scottish most of the way from Gretna to the edge of the Glasgow CTA, only problem is my radio range seems to be about 20-30nm at 3000' which made for hard work trying to find a service that could hear me!!

I suspect the antenna needs to be earthed as at the moment it looks to be mounted to a plastic turtledeck and nowt else.

This week is out for me (though might be free on Friday) and from Saturday I'll be picking up a boat from Caley Cruisers in Inverness and heading off down to Fort William for a week. Am off the follwoing week so anyday the weather looks good will be fine for me! Pretty sure we could rope a couple of other local Nippers in for a mini meet!

Regards

Des

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”