Well done on new site.

Please post feedback relating to the operation of this discussion group. All comments are welcome.
Neil Spooner

Well done on new site.

Postby Neil Spooner » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Paul,

Well done on the new site.
How long will the old site be in existence? as there is some good history there and some useful info'.
I checked out placing a photo in the photos section, but don't seem to be able to "browse" and upload.

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

David H

Pix

Postby David H » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:23 am

They should be now Very Happy (at least in subSilver theme)

I'm working on the other themes - which are a little more tricky...

4_AusterVth_1.gif
4_AusterVth_1.gif (7.98 KiB) Viewed 11957 times

Edit: OK now switched back to Aphrodite theme as default, which is mainly what I will work on, so any problems with the new 'Upload Picture' button please let me know. (Sorry for fellow Mac users - I haven't worked out to get the Aqua styling on the button as yet - probably not possible here...)

Revised header banner coming. Laughing

Note: Theme options are now just subSilver and Aphrodite - as the others would not work with the photo upload.
Last edited by David H on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi, tried to upload picture, it seemed to go ok, but now cannot find where to view it?!
Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

David H

Postby David H » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Neil Spooner wrote:Hi, tried to upload picture, it seemed to go ok, but now cannot find where to view it?!
Neil

Ah, well there's a conundrum!

I can see it in the Admin section as a recent upload, but it's 'not in use' - which section did you try to upload it in?

If it's been entered successfully in your posting the code should appear in the body of the text between these [img] [/img] tags.

I'll check the permissions, but it should be OK. How about trying again...

Oh, one more thing, can you see it in the 'Upload Picture' dialogue box when you click on the 'gallery' link (between the cancel and send buttons) - if you can't see the link I guess it's gone elsewhere Rolling Eyes

After uploading, be sure to click on one of the "insert picture: standard right left" links.

Neil Spooner

Photo gallery

Postby Neil Spooner » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:57 am

Hi Paul/David,
Just uploaded a pic which seems to have uploaded ok.
Is it possible to have a similar photo gallery to the old site which was much easier to see and use? Having the tiles/thumbnails was good so you could scroll through the photos.
Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

David H

Photo Gallery

Postby David H » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:51 am

Hi Neil

One of the popular ways of achieving this, is a free account with Flickr (which is owned by Yahoo and therefore works in a similar manner). These Flickr links are then 'plugged in' to the main site. If I get chance today, I'll put an example up along with what else we can do. This may be set to view a Private set of photographs (as with the previous Yahoo Group) or public.

Watch this space Very Happy

Now all superceded with this forum - 4 May 2007

Spot

Re: Well done on new site.

Postby Spot » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:20 pm

Hope all has settled down with the glitch in an aborted forum update Shocked

Return to “FORUM FEEDBACK HERE!”