TIPSYNIPPER.COM front page

Please post feedback relating to the operation of this discussion group. All comments are welcome.
G-NIPR
Site Admin

TIPSYNIPPER.COM front page

Postby G-NIPR » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:08 pm

Hello David H,
Long time no speak. Hope you are well.
Can you please give me advice about how to freshen up the front page?
I am happy with how to tweak the BB, but unsure about the front page.
Perhaps we can take away the existing messages, and put a couple of pics up, mayabe a montage of many small pics? Members - please email me what you have.
My enthusiasm has been renewed now my machine is airworthy again, and I would like to put more effort into spicing up the site.
Hope to hear from you.

Paul.
G-NIPR

David H

Re: TIPSYNIPPER.COM front page

Postby David H » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Paul

Great news on your Nipper!

Hope you can remember your login details for the Textpattern access page http://www.tipsynipper.com/textpattern/index.php when your're in there, the first page is a blank for a new posting and it's set-up as a 'blog' type, in that whatever you write here and post to the 'article' Section (or whichever section you choose from the drop-down list) will go to the top of the site i.e. chronological order (unless you change the date that is!)

The look of the page is governed by two things (see the Tabs at the top of the Textpattern page):
    Presentation > Pages - is the framework that holds stuff in place
    Presentation > Style - governs what it looks like
which are associated together in the
    Presentation > Sections tab

[ I am uploading a Tinymce plugin to make formatting the articles easier - i.e. will now be a wysiwyg editor. ] - Took it out - s**t!
    Content > Images - upload images here first then they will be selectable from the [ wysiwyg editor ] "Insert Image" link top left.
    Content >Articles - to edit any previous articles

You'll get the hang of it Very Happy

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Hello david,
Thanks for the reply.
I am hoping to get some time to have a look at the front page in the way that you say soon.
In the meantime we appear to have lost the FORUM tab on the front page, preventing us from accessing the forum via that.
This may cut out a lot of passing traffic and miss new members. Can you spend a few minutes to see if it can be reinstated please?
Thank you kindly!

Paul.
G-NIPR.

David H

Postby David H » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Oops Shocked

Sorry, I put a 'tag' in the sidebar that automatically linked all of the Textpattern pages - which of course missed off the forum - being phpBB.

It's OK now.

Tipsy Flyer

Postby Tipsy Flyer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi David,
Thanks, i can now log in again.
I thought i was going off the rails when i tried to log on and was denied, even with the new password. Anyway thanks for the listen to my wiening and moaning about not been able to log on, much appreciated!!

Glen

David H

Postby David H » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 pm

No problem Glen Cool

Return to “FORUM FEEDBACK HERE!”