Easy route planning and Notams

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
Neil Spooner

Easy route planning and Notams

Postby Neil Spooner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I am not sure what you are using for route planning and Notams, but I found this site some time ago: http://fly.dsc.net/u/Home

I am not sure about you, but I live in fear of being part of the stat's for incursions into temporary restricted airspace etc.

It is an extemely easy to use & user friendly way of planning a route, I don't know about you but I find using the AIS site a pain. This site allows you to pick waypoints such as towns/villages for turning points, it will then provide you with a flight plan, and if you insert winds aloft it will do all your headings/groundspeed/fuel planning etc. Then at a click of the mouse give you Notams either in text or on a map so you can review them and get a easy map location. It will also provide you with Metars and Tafs for the route. And to top it all (I am not trying to sell you this!) it will give you a Google earth routing so you can review that little disguised farm strip you will be trying to find. Google earth will give you lat/long for the gps...............I think its brill.(but there's no accounting for taste!) Oh yes, and then you can print out a nice little plog.

All the best.

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”