URGENT HELP NEEDED!

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
DesH

URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Postby DesH » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:55 pm

Chaps, my Nipper has been grounded for nearly a month now waiting to get the Permit done, partly my fault having just moved home, changed job and had a baby!

I do however have a problem in that my U/C Bungees wont cut the mustard for a permit renewal, I've spoken to Alan at Nipper kits 3 times now and though he deosnt have a full set of bungees was going to send me some odds and sods to hopefully make up a passable set. I have however been waiting for these for weeks now and still nothing! (months from the original request for a full set)

Does anyone have a spaare set they'd be willing to part with which I will replace as soon as Alan has restocked, either that or does anyone have more details on the 1080 bungee cord mod so I can investigate this route?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards

Des

Ripley

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Postby Ripley » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Des I have a new set but same as you they are about to go on for permit , which will not be until end of july . Some the existing set are OK I can let you have them when this happens if it helps . The bungee mod is on the site if you track back thru the posts , if it is approved or not I dont know but some time soon we are going to have to get a mod for this or we will all run out of suspension . RiP G-ENIE Sad

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Des,

I have my old set, they should get you through the Annual, and for some time to come. I changed them as they are a little tired. If you still need them drop me a line on: neil@spooner60.orangehome.co.uk. or call me asap on 07971966286, I am unfortunately away for 5 days as of tomorrow 10th July. Tho' I can get my wife to send them.

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

aerohar

Postby aerohar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Hai, Harry from Holland here. I have a new set and can loan it to you untill you have returned
your new set to me. I have a second worn out set for static handling.
give me your adress and the way you like it shipped. Harry

aerohar

Postby aerohar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:53 pm

mail me at home, aerohar@tiscali.nl
Harry

DesH

Postby DesH » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:45 am

Thanks very much to all that have offered help, I now have in my posession a set of replacement Bungees as well as a fitting tool which Neil Spooner has very kindly loaned me!

I'm hoping to get everything fitted during this week and hopefully the new permit will follow shortly after.

On another note I'm very sad to say that I have decided to put my Nipper up for sale, I've very much enjoyed flying her but given I'm 6'4" its still a little tight for me and I now have the chance to get my hands on a roomier higher performace aircraft (alas with higher running costs!) Had I been a couple of inches shorter and about a stone lighter I very much doubt I'd ever sell her !!

Anyway, an add will be on AFORS shortly but of course first dibs will go to anyone from this forum.

Kind Regards

Des

DesH

Postby DesH » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Well since putting my add on AFORS my phone hasn't stopped ringing, I have one chap coming to see it on Sunday who I've given a first refusal to (he was first to call) and another 2 have tried to buy over the phone straight off, one offered me £1000 over the asking price to get it.

I'm now thinking I should have advertised it for higher, dont want to go back on my word with the first chap who I said I'd hold it for but £1000 is a lot of dosh to turn down.

Not quite sure what to do now.....

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Sorry to hear that Des.
Money is money, but for what it is worth I would let them all visit, see what they offer on the day and go with what feels right.
As long as you don't lose money there should be no complaints! Doing well to sell it at all in a 'recession' I suppose.
Good luck with the new machine, a Cassutt perhaps?
Not for the first time I am glad to be 5 foot 5! NIPR should be with me til I can fly no more.

Paul.
G-NIPR.

DesH

Postby DesH » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks for that Paul,

I do enjoy my Nipper very much but it really is a tight fit, I was sitting in it on Sunday checking how much aileron throw I can get given that my legs have to be bent, a little less than half by my reckoning !!

Anyway I have 2 favorite options on the table just now, indeed there is a very nice Cassutt on the market that would fit me nicely, there is also a share in a Mk26 Spitfire for sale at Perth, very tough call!

Also selling my C172 share as I get no joy flying out of Aberdeen given the high landing costs and long holding times, going to find a share in a 2-4 seater based at Perth instead.

Anyway, whatever I get next should have a good turn of speed to it so will pop up and pay you a visit for a day out!

Good to know Nipper values are holding up well though, they obviously still have a strong following as 2 of the chaps have been looking for one for several months.

aerohar

Postby aerohar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:34 am

Have a look at a Falco: Spitfire performance in a home build a/c.harry

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”