Hello

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
NeilD

Hello

Postby NeilD » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:05 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'll soon be collecting G-CCFE from DesH, and moving it to a new home in the vicinity of Barton, Manchester.
I've not flown a nipper yet, but looking forward to it!

DesH

Re: Hello

Postby DesH » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:28 pm

Hello Neil, good to see you found the Nipper forum!

Just sent you a mail to let you know how the permit is going, bungees are on and a good chunk of the work is done, Nipper looking a bit naked however when I left her tonight with all the inspection panels removed !

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find everyone on here is as friendly and helpful to you as they have been to me! (Just watch out for JAB, if you meet him he'll despatch you straight into the overhead and demand some loops and rolls, even if you've only owned your Nipper for a few hours ! Wink )

All the Best!

Des

NeilD

Postby NeilD » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:50 pm

No problem with that - currently flying a Chipmunk - not sure how neat my aeros would look though!

JAB

Postby JAB » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 am

Welcome Neil to the Nipper world, what a fine choice you could not have bought anything better, your nipper is a fine example and great to fly.
To you Des, thanks for your friendship hope to see you at Eddsfield soon with something aerobatic. Cheers mate JAB

DesH

Postby DesH » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 am

JAB

Thanks for all your help during my Nipper ownership and for taking time to help me with technical stuff, i'm finally starting to get the hang of lockwiring now!

I will indeed be down to see you, shouldnt take long in the Cassutt I wouldnt have thought! Will no doubt still hang around this forum however as there isnt one for the new aircraft and I'm unlikely to find a friendlier bunch than Nipper owners!

All the best!

Des

NeilD

Postby NeilD » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 am

Tell you what Des, I'll stick you on the insurance, then you can still fly a nipper if you are down my way.

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello Neil,
Welcome from me too. Good luck with your machine. Des only had three engine failures, and one control restriction during a loop but it all came good in the end. It is a nice machine.
My machine once lived at Barton way back in the late 80's and early 90's, owned then by Steve Todd. You may know him?
Sorry to see the numbers decreasing in Scotland, but good to see that new owners will experience the joy of Nippering.
Give us a shout if you need any help!

Paul.
G-NIPR.

DesH

Postby DesH » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 am

"Des only had three engine failures, and one control restriction during a loop but it all came good in the end."

I cant believe you'd suggest I'd had 3 engine failures Paul, .......it was actually 4 engine failures, 1 contriol restriction and that time the wheel fell off but I dont really count that as it only took a bit of bodge tape to stick it back on Wink

Dont worry Neil, we're only pulling your leg ! It is indeed a nice machine !

NeilD

Postby NeilD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm not worried - it has an electric starter......but i do hope you are joking Shocked
The Chippy is prone to stopping if you roll it too slow, or hesitate whilst negative, so i'm used to that.
I flew with Steve Todd a few months back ( i wasn't sick but very disoriented after he demonstrated a full clover!!)

NeilD

Postby NeilD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Paul, do you still work for Air Atlantique?
They have my old Jet Provost G-BWDS ( blue and white)

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Neil,
No alas not , although there is not much of the old Atlantique left anymore. I think I saw the good years. I took a transfer to Highland Airways in 2000 and moved to Inverness then, (they were part of Atlantique then), but have been with Flybe for nearly 2 years now.
I remember seeing the JP last time I was at Coventry though.

Paul.

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”