Nipper Wins!!

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
Neil Spooner

Nipper Wins!!

Postby Neil Spooner » Tue May 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi All,

I thought I might encourage all you Nipper owners out there to dust off your mounts and come and join the BAeA (British Aerobatic Association) for a go in yours......if I can do it so can you!!

The BAeA are keen to encourage a safe and responsible approach to the sport, there are plenty of coaches out there who will support anyone wishing to have a go, it is not expensive, and great fun.

I got the 1st in the Beginners event competing against a Slingsby Firefly:

IMG_0479.jpeg
IMG_0479.jpeg (175.14 KiB) Viewed 10987 times

The chap on the right is an ex Tornado Jockey!

IMG_0490.jpeg
IMG_0490.jpeg (251.29 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
Last edited by Neil Spooner on Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

AdamS

Re: Nipper Wins!!

Postby AdamS » Tue May 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Well done Neil! Many congratulations on such a success!

G-BLMW

Postby G-BLMW » Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs (whatever that means).......Well done Neil, big grins all round Very Happy .
I'll have to get my courage back and have a go sometime. Incidentally, given up on the Pitts and sold it on, too many problems and not enough time.

Stuart

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Tue May 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Thank you gents.

Sorry to hear you have "bailed out" of the Pitts project Stuart, it would have been a great experience.

I should have posted this link for the BAeA with my original post:

http://www.aerobatics.org.uk/pdf/BAeA%2 ... 202013.pdf

Bye-the-way, it is 10 years or so since a Nipper competed.......come along!! (tho' it does look very out of place amongst Extras/Pitts etc!)
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

jockthenipper

Postby jockthenipper » Sun May 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi Neil,

Very many congratulations on your success!! Glad to hear you are 'back in the saddle' and what a way to start the season.

As you know I am striving to emulate your innovations that make your Nipper such a good platform for entry level aerobatics. Hopefully your success will inspire others in the wider aviation community to look again at the Nipper as an economic yet competitive aircraft; in the right hands of course!!

Progress on G-CORD has slowed at the moment due to work commitments and a personal bereavement,but, I am planning to load test the wing then strip and recover it at the end of June with the assistance of Dave Silsbury. The fuselage has now had the separate rudder, tall pilot and additional 'roll bar' mods incorporated and is ready for collection from Airweld. Something I plan to do in June as well.

So that just leaves the engine!! I don't suppose you are thinking of selling your current engine and replacing it with that Revmaster you have been threatening to build? If so give me a shout.

In the meanwhile, safe flying, blue skies and happy landings!

Peter

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Sun May 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your kind works!! Good coaching from David is the answer!! The competition were flying a Slingsby Firefly, I thought later how bizarre, they were pretty much built by the same outfit!

Sorry to hear of your bereavement, and doesn't work get in the way! But pleased to hear you are progressing well with the Nipper, remember, keep it light. There are some very nice and inexpensive electronic panels out there which are a real weight saver.

If I could locate some alloy cyl's for the revmaster I would be very happy, but unfortunately they have dried up....its that weight thing again.

Have fun.

Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Tue May 28, 2013 9:27 am

Here is the BAeA website report of the competition at Fenland:

http://www.aerobatics.org.uk/results/20 ... esults.htm

The next beginners event I will try to make is at Sleap on the 27th July: http://www.aerobatics.org.uk/sites13/Reg_Loop_Sleap.htm

Come along, its a good excuse to go fly!!

Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

RobW

Postby RobW » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Great stuff Neil - does that mean you progress to Intermediate level next!? Look forward to seeing the Lomcevak!
All the best,
Rob

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”