Still here, sort of!

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
G-NIPR
Site Admin

Still here, sort of!

Postby G-NIPR » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi all,
The forum seems to have reached a bit of lull at the moment, possibly due Neil selling his Nipper,
And me having job issues.
However I am keen that we keep our resource and community alive, and have just paid up for the next few years web hosting. Please continue to use it.
I was recently made redundant from my job at Flybe, and have taken on a job in China. I'm typing this from there now...
I am likely to be here for a few months to start with whilst training, but it should settle into month on / month off pattern. I should actually get more time to fly Nipper than previously.
I hope men and machines are doing OK and we see more activity on the forum,
Best wishes,

Paul.
G-NIPR

jockthenipper

Re: Still here, sort of!

Postby jockthenipper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Paul,
Glad to hear you are still out there!! Yes, the forum has been quiet of late, but, I have been accumulating parts in anticipation of a seamless!! and final assembly of G-CORD later this year. Ironically, my work has brought me home to St. Andrews with an EDI basing for the summer. The first time in 22 years I have been able to work from home!! I sincerely hope your career does not follow a similar path.
As I mentioned I now have most of the parts for the engine, to be rebuilt as a 2180cc and slowly working my way through a pile of parts, stripping, priming and painting. A recent trip to Sun n Fun proved very beneficial!! However, with the Nipper still in Devon I have had to reverse my life and now intend to travel south on my days off to continue the build. Will post some update piccies next time I get south. All the best, Peter.

Neil Spooner

Re: Still here, sort of!

Postby Neil Spooner » Wed May 07, 2014 10:49 am

Hi Paul,
Nice to hear that you are getting on with the training now....what type?
I am sure it has nothing to do with me, just owners enjoying rather than building? I am still about so if anyone has a Q I will try to help if I can. I still have the last complete unbuilt Nipper kit here in the workshop for something to do when I have less time! I will build the Revmaster engine for it at some stage, but am busy enjoying the boat and the RV...... Confused
Keep in touch and thanks for continuing to support the forum.....it would be nice if some users offered some contribution.....suggestions?
The RV is a fast tourer, and I hope to get about abit more to visit other airfields, it would be great to meet some of the Nippers (and owners!) in the flesh.
Good luck
Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”