Nipper 36

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
ben

Nipper 36

Postby ben » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Nipper No 36 finally took to the air last Sunday having been languishing in boxes for the past 35 years. Its previous flight was when it was crashed and written off in Australia in 1979. Sundays flight was 30 odd minutes with no major problems and it flew again on the same day. The aircraft is based on my strip near Petersfield Hampshire. Reg no G-NIPS. Thank to all those on this forum who gave help and advice during its rebuild.

Regards

Ben Faulkner

jockthenipper

Re: Nipper 36

Postby jockthenipper » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Congratulations Ben!!

I am halfway through the rebuild of G-CORD at the moment, so I can relate to the process you went through! Hope to join you in the not too distant future with another Nipper returning to the air. Incidentally, are you intending to call in at the LAA Rally at Sywell this weekend in the aircraft?

All the best, Peter

ben

Postby ben » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks. No it only has its permit to test at the moment but I will be there in something else. I'll look out for you

Regards

Ben

Stevec

Postby Stevec » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi Ben that's great news. I understand that was registered as ZK-CAP at one stage before if went to Aussie. It was the only Nipper to find its way to New Zealand and I have spoken to a couple of guys here who had flown it when it was based down at Masterton. I have looked at getting the CAP registration for my restoration when it is finished but unfortunately it has been allocated to a C172 at the moment.
Rgds Steve

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”