The Tipsy Nipper Group - Facebook

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
TF104G

The Tipsy Nipper Group - Facebook

Postby TF104G » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 am

Hi to everyone and thanks for letting me join your group.

My name is Andy and as an aviation enthusiast, incomplete PPL (which I loosely hold against getting married and having a family), I have also enjoyed nearly 40 years experience in aircraft manufacture and maintenance within the UK.

I've helped several PFA / LAA projects in the past with free labour, enthusiasm and helped to get items made / restored for the aircraft owners.

My ability to help with the latter, has unfortunately diminished but the offer of help or assistance still stands if I can help?

As a keen amateur photographer and stalwart of living in the past - I have a hankering to aircraft made from tube, wood and fabric but the diminutive Tipsy Nipper, VW powered concept from the 50's for me epitomises the spirit / birth of flying for the masses and the homebuilder.

To share my passion for the type and hopefully reach out to other similar minded enthusiasts / owners - I've started 'The Tipsy Nipper Group' page on Facebook and whilst I know that you can either love or hate the social media group, I have found it a fantastic place to share my passion with like minded people and aircraft owners. (I also have a keen interest in military history and the heroic efforts of the people who flew the Piper L4 Grasshopper, Stinson L5 Sentinel and as well as our home grown Auster.)

Moving back to 'The Tipsy Nipper group', I hope that I have set similar moral standards / rules for joining the Facebook group and I hope that you take a moment to have a look and hopefully enjoy some of the recent pictures from my own efforts. Hopefully more will follow soon from my archive but I need to find my old negatives, scan them & restore the images.

I live in Lincolnshire, prepared to travel and more than willing to take photo's of projects, restorations or if you're dropping in to Fenland, Wickenby, Sturgate or somewhere nearby, please feel free to message me and I'll see if I can get some nice pictures of your arrival / departure shots for the group as well as saying hello.

Once again, thank you for letting me join the group.

Andy

Neil Spooner

Re: The Tipsy Nipper Group - Facebook

Postby Neil Spooner » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:24 am

Hi Andy,
Lovely to have you onboard !
Good luck with your facebook......sadly I am not into this type of social media, and since I am out of the Nipper circles I am not sure I will get to use it.....however, I, and others in the Nipper forum will do I am sure, and it will help any organisers of any meetings. Thank you for spending your time on it.
Fenland is a super venue, I used to go there in the old times with the impromptu displays, camping under the wing of the Cherokee I had a share of. More recently competing in my RV4.
Good luck, hope to catch you at Fenland.
Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”