Nippers in the South East?

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
Neil Spooner

Re: Nippers in the South East?

Postby Neil Spooner » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:25 pm

I had to fly the same way as you do before I did the seat & rudder pedal mod', afterwards I could be comfortable for about 3hrs....I had an extra fuel tank.
With the reclined seat you could do what I did. You will then have a large area for tent etc, and an aerobatic cubby box for the bits you don't want flying around when doing aeros. Clearly you need to respect W&B.
I have some modified rudder pedals we could do an exchange with if you need to.
If you have any issues with getting your permit done let me know, I am free at the moment. Based Gt Oakley near Harwich.
Neil

Fuselage (189)v1.jpg
Fuselage (189)v1.jpg (144.6 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
Parcel shelf (2)v1.jpg
Parcel shelf (2)v1.jpg (321.83 KiB) Viewed 3697 times
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

pilotmark65

Postby pilotmark65 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:24 pm

Thanks Neil for the response. You have certainly achieved a great deal with the Mod as illustrated.
Arguably the first "Cargo" version of a nipper - its brilliant!!
The Nipper is at Turweston now and the annual is underway but I appreciate your offer.

I may proceed with the rudder pedal change. Mine was previously advertised with the long legged mod but I think it was a bespoke build.There looks to be adequate space for some extension.
How much are your ready to go spare set or would you prefer to swap?
Perhaps they could fit them whilst the aircraft inspection is underway.?
Best regards
Mark G

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 am

It would make sense to get the mod' paperwork done before fitting them, which would only take about 2hrs tops.
The rudder pedals would be £75 exchange.
I hope the permit goes ok......the LAA are turning around the paperwork almost next day and sending the CofV by email. Very efficient.
Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

pilotmark65

Postby pilotmark65 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Hello Neil,
Hoping all who read this are staying safe and well in these unprecedented times.

My Nipper is currently at Turweston in completion of the "Annual" It appeared on inspection
that the rudder pedals had already been modified.So by remaking the seat with thinner foam we were able to gain a good degree of additional leg room!
We were at the point of air-testing for the permit renewal when the tank started to leak. Although we have tried a conventional external sealing compound she still leaks when the aircraft is running or taxying due to flexing
Back to the drawing board.....Or perhaps bite the bullet and have a new aluminum tank made.
I understand that" the BEE" has had this refit and I noted the information provided from her owner.
I guess I will be talking nicely to Motor Sport revival in York ASAP....

Thanks for the offer of your rudder pedal stock,
Perhaps next year will bring back some normality and help us all to enjoy nippering again.......
Best,
Mark Gorlov
G-NIPS

I

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”