Do I look for a Nipper or project?

The primary forum for discussing all things Nipper. Feel free to ask questions.
BrianH

Do I look for a Nipper or project?

Postby BrianH » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Our group owned aircraft has been sold leaving me to think about a Nipper. For once it seems that hangarage might be available and we have a locally based LAA inspector. The Channel Island DCAs will accept UK and I think French permits. I would fit at 5ft 8in and 11 stone. I have never flown a Nipper but favourite types to date include Chipmunk, Robin 2112, Decathlon so I think I would enjoy the experience.

The thoughts / questions I have (other than finding one to buy!), are to do with my location. Being in Jersey a decent radio and transponder are non-negotiable because of class D airspace. I don't know how practical this would be space wise.

Most flying and all aerobatics have to be over the sea, so a starter motor seems like good sense which may rule out many VW examples? There are other locally based aircraft groups I could buy into, including one which would be almost almost as much fun, albeit not aerobatic.

I recognise I'm asking a biased group but what do you think? Do I keep the cash until a Nipper or project comes up or is it not going to be a realistic option?
GP010204.jpg
GP010204.jpg (955.59 KiB) Viewed 16725 times

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”