Inverted fuel

Use this forum to discuss technical points relating to the Nipper and its ancilliaries.
Neil Spooner

Inverted fuel

Postby Neil Spooner » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi All.

I am in correspondance with an outfit called Rotec in Oz about a Throttle Body Injector that is an equivalent unit to the Ellison I currently run. The Ellison EFS-2 is no longer available, and by all accounts this Rotec unit may be better. I am ordering one for myself to go on my new 2180cc engine at a special price of $550 usd plus carriage/tax against their normal price of $750.

Is anyone else interested? I need to place the order soon.

Thanks.

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

jja66uk

Re: Inverted fuel

Postby jja66uk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Hello Neil

Did you fit the Rotec TBI? Any good? I'm planning to replace the Stromberg Carb on my m/c at some point and I was thinking about the Aeroconversions Aeroinjector (http://www.aeroconversions.com/products ... index.html) which they claim doesn't need carb heat. However, if the TBI is any good I'll take a look at that as well.

Cheers

John

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi John,
I have not used the Rotec unit yet, and am considering selling it as I have now got my Ellison working really well.
The Rotec unit is essentially an Ellison with a separate pressure regulator but more robust.
The Aeroinjector needs a pressure regulator, have a look at their FAQ's. Although they may say it doesn't need carb' heat, both Ellison and Rotec say theirs do, so why the Aeroinjector should be any different I don't know.......I doubt the LAA would permit fitting it without.
Their are some Rotecs' in use in the Uk now, so getting mod' approval shouldn't be a problem, I don't know about the Aeroinj'.
Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

MGR

Postby MGR » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Neil,
Are the Rotecs now approved?
Have you used one or do you have details of someone who has?
There is an Ellison ELS-3A going on ebay currently, wondering if that's an option to replace my Tillotson.
Also, is there any support for Ellison any more?
Malcoilm

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:29 pm

EFS 3 is too big. You need an EFS 2
Regards
Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Return to “ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE”