Which prop on a Jabiru?

Use this forum to discuss technical points relating to the Nipper and its ancilliaries.
OO-WBR

Which prop on a Jabiru?

Postby OO-WBR » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 am

Hi guys,

What kind of props do you use on your Jabiru engine?

Normally we use a Poncelet prop, but were looking for something better.
G-TIPS used to have a Chris Lodge prop that was really good, but I don't think he still makes new ones.

Willem

Neil Spooner

Re: Which prop on a Jabiru?

Postby Neil Spooner » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Willem,

I know Chris Lodge will not make new propellors, he is unable to get the type of wood he likes due to an embargo on the import of this type of wood. (the furniture industry was making too much of an impact for sustainable growth)

Here is a link to the LAA website that shows all the engine/prop' combinations in use: http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... rcraft.pdf

All the best,

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

RobW

Postby RobW » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Eh? That's a great list but it shows G-ARBG as having a continental 0-200. Is this possible??

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 am

Hi Rob,

I haven't spoken with David about it, but it is possible. There is a highly modified Nipper called the "Gusty" ( http://www.eaa25.org/onfinal/eaa252002-03.pdf ) which used a C85. I have a desire to replicate the wing, but not the taildragger config', as I think the a/c would be too close coupled to be safe.

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

RobW

Postby RobW » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks Neil - impressive! Great article too, I didn't realise the EAA produced such good material, I think that's the winter sorted for me then!
There was even a picture of 'FE in that link, albeit in her former guise as oo-plg !
Regards,
Rob

Return to “ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE”