Propeller Information required

Use this forum to discuss technical points relating to the Nipper and its ancilliaries.
Stevec

Propeller Information required

Postby Stevec » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:39 am

Hi All
I was just wondering if any of you flyers have time could you let me know a bit of information about your engine/ propeller setup for those of you with VW derived engines. I am working with a propeller design program that requires the following info:
1. Cruise speed
2. Engine size (1835,2100 etc)
3. RPM used for cruise.
I have looked around at various sources on the net but the numbers seem to vary so I thought I would ask the experts.
Thanks in advance for your help and if anyone is interested in what I come up with I am happy to let you know.
Rgds Steve

G-BLMW

Re: Propeller Information required

Postby G-BLMW » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi Steve

I have a 56" D x 36" P on an 1835cc VW. This combination gives a static of 2950 RPM which is also cruise RPM and gives 80kts.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Stevec

Postby Stevec » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi Stuart

Yes that's a great help. The program I am using suggests 56 x 33 but of course there are an infinite number of combinations of blade width and thickness that you can fiddle with so knowing what actually works helps me whittle those down a bit.
If anyone else can put forward what they are using with an 1835 that again would give more clues.
Many thanks
Rgds Steve

JAB

Postby JAB » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Stuart.

My Nipper G-AVXD has an 1834 Acro Engine . The current prop fitted is a Chris Lodge 54" X 35".
This gives me a cruise of 90 mph @ 3000 rpm.

rgds John

Return to “ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE”