Tipsy Nipper Mk III Manuals

Use this forum to discuss technical points relating to the Nipper and its ancilliaries.
Theodore

Tipsy Nipper Mk III Manuals

Postby Theodore » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:33 pm

I am new in the forum and have recently purchased G-AWDA with the Barry Smith Acro engine. I wonder whether anyone may be able to point me in the right direction on technical information, over and above to what I already have, plus information (gotsas, speeds etc) on flying the Tipsy Nipper. The first Permit maintenance check under my ownership is due this month.

I have never flown a Nipper and I am still trying to revalidate my UK CAA licence following spinal health issues, since April 2014. At present I can only admire the aircraft but I hope to revalidate my licence and renew the Permit this month.

With regard to the engine, Barry Smith has been kind to send me some information which have already found of much use. With regard to the airframe, I have downloaded from the web the Tipsy Nipper MK II Owner's Manual, reworked edition by the Belgian Nipper club dated Aug 1989.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Theodore

Pat Blenkinsopp

Re: Tipsy Nipper Mk III Manuals

Postby Pat Blenkinsopp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:18 pm

It might be worth contacting Ed Martin in Belgium who bought my Nipper( Previously
A-ASXI now OO-COC
a couple of yrs ago. I gave him a large amount of info including some stuff
on the VW acro engines.
Cheers
Pat

Return to “ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE”