HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY G-AVXC (NOW G-NIPR) !!!

Tell us all about YOUR machine.
G-NIPR
Site Admin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY G-AVXC (NOW G-NIPR) !!!

Postby G-NIPR » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 am

A recent check of my original 1960's logbooks reveals that my aircraft has a special day coming up.
She first flew from the Slingsby factory on a test flight on 15th February 1968. Therefore this Friday will be its
40th anniversary.
By some strange coincidence this will coincide (almost) with my 7000th hour, so I am planning to do a days flying around Scotland to celebrate.
The gods are with me because Friday is a day off work, and high pressure forecast to remain. I am hoping for clear skies, calm winds and nice viz.
Not sure where I will go yet, but will report back with pics.
Does anyone want to meet up anywhere? How about you JAB? Being the next of the line from Slingsby yours must be close to its 40th?

Cheers,

Paul.

G-NIPR

JAB

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY G-AVXC (NOW G-NIPR) !!!

Postby JAB » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 am

Hi Paul

Called in to see you yesterday but as usual you were defying gravity. Sorry about the pic of XC but it got battle damage due to not passing the drop check - frame was cat 5.
XD was registered 26/10/67 and test flown 22/02/68. We could maybe meet up towards next weekend.
Weather permitting, I am happy to fly up to your hunting ground or meet you somewhere the is fuel.
I have just done a photo shoot with XD and have some great pic's. How do you post them as my attempts have failed so far.

cheers

John

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY G-AVXC (NOW G-NIPR) !!!

Postby G-NIPR » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:51 pm

Well the high pressure remained, and so did the fog....
Didn't manage to go anywhere away from the local area, but did a short 20 min aeros trip over the airfield at Inverness late afternooon.
Was glad to get the date in the log book at least.

JAB- Thanks for the picture, nice item to have. We need to speak soon to arrange a meet up.
Give me a call and I will talk you through how to upload images, easier than trying to write it down!

Paul.
G-NIPR.

Return to “THE AIRCRAFT”