G-ASXI

Introduce yourself to the group.
Edouard

G-ASXI

Postby Edouard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Hello Gentlemen,
My name is Edouard and I'm the new happy owner of Pat Blenkinsopp's Nipper.
First of all, I would like to thanks Pat for the trust he gaves me by selling me his Nipper!!
I know that it was a deep love story for Pat and I promise I will take care of ASXI like he did!
Just a bit about me: I'm 42 and I'm airline pilot for TNT Airways ( freight company based in Liege), I live in Namur(Belgium).
Next Saturday, I'm going to Winchester to pick up the plane and after a self training, back to Belgium..
Never flew a Nipper yet, but I read a lot about the plane and Pat will coach me for the first t&g. Very Happy
Edouard

Pat Blenkinsopp

Re: G-ASXI

Postby Pat Blenkinsopp » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Ed,
There are a lot of seriously interesting and helpful blokes, and lassies out there on this site
If ever you have a problem a question or an observation re Nippers, your first port of call
should be this site. Neil Spooner is the Nipper guru, and what he doesn't know isn't worth
knowing anyway. He is a good friend and like you an airline pilot. Most importantly he is a fund of
knowledge on every aspect of the Nipper experience. You should make your marker with him
and register your interest.
I seriously wish you well with ASXI. She has been very good to me and I will miss her. I rebuilt
her and put a great deal of enthusiasm and passion in to getting her to her nice presentable
condition. She only let me down once at North Weild (engine fail...the old one) but we got away with that one..!!!
I am probably giving up flying as I am getting on a bit and don't want to make some stupid mistake
that will cost me and more importantly endanger someone else. Its been a great journey, but time to
hang up the flying goggles.
Enjoy the Nipper thing. Nothing can beat the late evening flight where you chuck in a few aeros,
do a run in and break, do a perfect landing and have the best beer of your life.
Best of luck and keep me posted on your Nipper experience.
Very kind regards,
Pat

Return to “THE PILOTS”