NZ Nipper

Introduce yourself to the group.
Stevec

NZ Nipper

Postby Stevec » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:24 am

Hi everyone I thought I would just write a few lines to introduce myself. I am based in Auckland NZ and have recently acquired a Nipper to restore. I have built a Jodel D18 zk-scj in the past and am putting the finishing touches to a Menestrel. I was planning my next project and have always admired the Nipper since I learnt to fly in the 70s. My day job has me flying around the world so a chance meeting with Neil Spooner at last years LAA flying started the ball rolling and I now have a fuselage and collection of metal bits to get started with. Unfortunately I am unable to get to the flyin this year but will make a more concerted effort next year. I would like to say thanks to Neil for all his help so far and look forward to passing on any help that I can offer to others on the forum.
We are fortunate here in NZ to have some reasonably relaxed micro light category rules so the absence of previous log books etc is not going to be a problem. The fuselage has been given a good going over here by an engineer familiar with steel tube airframes and he has given it the thumbs up. He was also interested to see a Nipper again as he had something to do with the factory many years ago when someone was wanting to import Nippers to NZ. I have already purchased a Great Plains 1835cc , Rotec carb and Leburg dual ignition for it so far so have that end sorted out. Neil has made some suggestions about improvements that could be carried out so will be following up on those.
Steve

Return to “THE PILOTS”