The Bee and Me

Introduce yourself to the group.
Bumblebee Girl

The Bee and Me

Postby Bumblebee Girl » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 am

Hi everyone

You probably all know me and the Bee which I've owned now for 20 years. I've been a bit quiet recently following two outfield landings after take off. The problem was caused by a faulty fuel pump so on both occasions, I landed in fields but stayed upright and walked away. Testimony to what a robust machine the Nipper is. The fuel system was completely overhauled and all is now good.
I hope to keep on Nippering in my beloved Bee as long as I can. :lol:

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Re: The Bee and Me

Postby G-NIPR » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi Kate,
Great to see you taking part in the forum. I’d like it to get a bit more active!
Lovely to see you are still flying her, and well done on the forced landings.
No more though, eh?
I still cherish the memory of flying the Bee from Barton all those years ago. Thanks again.
I would be keen for a meet up somewhere central. Keep us updated!

Paul.
G-NIPR.

Bumblebee Girl

Re: The Bee and Me

Postby Bumblebee Girl » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:51 am

Hi Paul

Good to hear from you.
I think we all go through phases with our flying and having two engine problems on and just after take off certainly slowed me down a little. But I'm back and hoping to fly for another 20 years!!

There seem to be fewer Nippers flying at the moment which is a shame. I know David who has a Nipper up in Perth that he's casually looking to sell and obviously I know the guys on this Forum. And John Brompton who's local to me. So I'll get a fly-in arranged at Breighton for next year: it's hopefully convenient for all Nippers.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kate

Return to “THE PILOTS”