XD

Introduce yourself to the group.
JAB

XD

Postby JAB » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply and news re XD's stablemate at Slingsbys.
How I managed to purchase XD from Tayside is on of those stories that should not be made public ???
Yes, XD will remain in scotland at Dundee.
I have quite a lot of TLC to give to XD, with the priority being u/c bungees as they seem to be rather like a large ladies bum - soggy.
I hope to fly up to Dornach at the end of July for the Fly in so maybe see you both there

Yammas John

Mr.Tipsy

Re: XD

Postby Mr.Tipsy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi John,

Very good to hear from you. Hope to see XD around somewhere.
I'm currently restoring my Slingsby Nipper (former AXLJ) the last one finished by Slingsby..

About the bungees. Don't really know what went wrong there, I delivered them to the club. I also delivered to various other operators and received no complaints.. Maybe they didn't store them the right way..

I'm thinking about having a new batch manufactured, but there has to be some interest.

Could you give me some data about the ownership to update my website? (www.tipsy-histories.com)

grts

willem

Pat Blenkinsopp

Re: XD

Postby Pat Blenkinsopp » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:06 pm

Willem, ASXI update:
I had a semi engine failure at North Weald (Rocker shaft stanchion Catastropic failure) Sad so having suffered a 450 rpm drop at 300 feet after t/o i did a quick tight circuit and put her down on the main runway OK. I dismantled it and trailered it back to where I work doing Vintage and classic aircraft restorations. The intention is to recover the wing and tail and paint her in a nice bright scheme of cream and bright red. I have bought a reconditioned engine that was zero timed and has only done 62 hours since rebuild
I dont expect to fly her again this year as there is plenty to do. I hope to be able to publis some pics on the forum in due course.
Will keep you posted as to progress Very Happy
Regards, Pat

Return to “THE PILOTS”