Nipper project completed

Please upload your pictures here.
G-ARBG

Nipper project completed

Postby G-ARBG » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Tipsy Nipper G-ARBG has now completed the LAA Flight test schedule and has gained its first Permit since last flown in 1984. As this aircraft is a rebuild a full flight test schedule was required by the LAA. G-ARBG is basically a MK II with a 1600cc Rollason Ardem engine fitted with Leburg. The original Stamo mounting was retained which now houses the alternator for the Leburg system. Spinning was carried out following some careful weighing and C of G calculations. The aircraft behaved predictably throughout and was quite reluctant to 'stay in' a spin which has given me great confidence for future aerobatic flying. My wife and I now have a pair of Nippers (photo attached) but with ownership of other aircraft I'm not sure how long this situation will last as we have already done the 'obligatory' formation flypast for the camera several times.

(photos show some details incomplete which were completed before flight testing e.g. tail fairing and rear cockpit enclosure - photos Mike Mold, Devon Strut))

Regards, to all,
David G-ARBG
Attachments
RBG and XLI in watchford hangar.jpg
RBG and XLI in watchford hangar.jpg (80.51 KiB) Viewed 6678 times
RBG-04.JPG
RBG-04.JPG (89.99 KiB) Viewed 6669 times

jockthenipper

Re: Nipper project completed

Postby jockthenipper » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Congratulations David!! She looks splendid and I am heartened to hear that the test flying was successful. My RV8 flew for the first time on 17 Nov and I am just waiting for the weather to behave itself so the test schedule can be completed. As soon as that is done it will be back to the rebuild of G-CORD that I hope to have flying again for next summer. As soon as the fuselage is finished I will be bringing it back down to Dunkeswell to be reunited with the wing and completed down there. I am sure I will be in touch for some advice as the test flight date looms!! Once again my congratulations on a project well done!! Peter

Return to “PHOTOGRAPHS”