Jabiru Nipper for sale.

DesH

Jabiru Nipper for sale.

Postby DesH » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:16 pm

I have very sadly decided to sell my Nipper to move onto something higher performance (and more costly Sad ), full add on AFORS as follows:-

http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adv ... 491&imid=0

Having second thoughts already ... Confused

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Re: Jabiru Nipper for sale.

Postby G-NIPR » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Did it sell Des?

Paul.
G-NIPR.

DesH

Postby DesH » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Paul, lots of interest indeed and a cheque arrived this morning as a deposit.

Still need to get the permit sorted but had some more pressing things to worry about this week, will hopefully get cracking shortly and will let you know when the sale is complete.

Going to miss my Nipper, really hope I dont regret it! Looking forward to the new machine also but its got a tough act to follow!

Spot

Postby Spot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Damn... I knew I should pay more attention to the forum, and I just missed G-ARFV as well Sad

DesH

Postby DesH » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Now Sold and delivered to new owner yesterday, hope you enjoy her as much as I have Neil !!

All the best !

Des

NeilD

Postby NeilD » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks Des,
still not had chance to fly yet, waiting for the gusts to drop below 30 kts
An experienced friend has flown 3 times in the past 24 hrs, and loves it ( inc a 25kt crosswind landing!)

Can't wait to get the nipper grin!

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Postby G-NIPR » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Be careful with that crosswind, the limit is 16 kts according to my paperwork, although I have also reluctantly taken mid-20's too.
The concern is that it could tip once on the ground, and no experience will prevent that. Doubt the insurance would pay up in such circumstances!
Take care but ENJOY it,

Paul.
G-NIPR.

JAB

Postby JAB » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:31 am

Yep! I can endorse Paul's comments.
I have landed my nipper in x winds that were sporty to say the least, but not by choice may I add.
The problem arises when slowing down to a taxi and ground manouvers, the up wind wing can be lifted in as little as 20 kts, couple this with the bungee undercarraige and the weight shifting to one side and the danger of tipping becomes real.
[With help, try lifting your nipper by one wing tip carefully and observe what happens to the opposite undercarraige leg.]
This has happened to me twice, only by good luck I managed with power and rudder to straighten just before catching my prop and tipping on my nose.
Not an exercise recommended to maintain clean underwear.
For warned is for armed.

Happy Landings

Cheers

JAB

Return to “FOR SALE”