Jabiru Prop'

Neil Spooner

Jabiru Prop'

Postby Neil Spooner » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Guys,

I am getting close to fitting the 2180cc engine to my Nipper, and would like to trial a 56x38 prop' that is used on a Jabiru engined Nipper. Does anyone have one that they would lend me please? Obviously any damage to it I would replace it with a brand new one. I would not modify it in any way, it is only to trial the Prop'/engine combination.

Thanks,

Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

DesH

Re: Jabiru Prop'

Postby DesH » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi Neil,

If your stuck, FE will be coming with a spare Jabiru prop which I wont hopefully need for some time since she had Chris Lodge fitted last year. She wont be ready to collect until mid May however perhaps the current owners might be happy to lend you it in the meantime?, certainly happy from my point of view.

Regards

Des

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:20 am

Hi Des,

That is very, very kind of you. Once I have the engine finished and the LAA paperwork I will let you know, I am not desperate yet. Could you confirm that the prop' will accept a 2inch center boss? Also what the diameter and pitch of the prop' ? Thank you very much.

All the very best wishes.

Neil

ps: you may not need this, but I came across this link for Jabiru engine parts: http://www.aerodiamond.com/docs/JabiruE ... S_BOOK.pdf
Also:
http://www.jabirupacific.com/pdf/2200Install.pdf
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

DesH

Postby DesH » Sun May 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi Neil, thanks kindly for the links, much appreciated.

Will try to get you an answer on the prop diam and pitch etc shortly, sorry for the delay in responding but been a bit swamped for the last few weeks!

Regards

Des

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Mon May 04, 2009 4:57 am

Hi Des,

Thanks for the offer, but someone pointed out to me the Jabiru rotates the other way!! Could prove interesting!! I have been making enquiries for suppliers, the best deals are coming from the USA so far.

All the best,

Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

DesH

Postby DesH » Mon May 04, 2009 10:45 am

No problem Neil, that could have been amusing to see!!

I did think initially that the Jab engine rotates the other way but given your far greater knowledge than mine on engines and props etc I assumed you knew something I didnt !

Best of luck with your search!

Regards

Des

Return to “WANTED”