Information and assistance with technical and parts

Ripley

Information and assistance with technical and parts

Postby Ripley » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:35 pm

I am contemplating purchasing a Nipper very soon , can anyone tell me is there an owners club in England or Europe , and is there and commercial company still supporting spare parts etc . In fact ant web sites or information I can obtain would be good please help . robert.riplrey@proceq.com

G-NIPR
Site Admin

Re: Information and assistance with technical and parts

Postby G-NIPR » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi Robert,
Welcome on board.
The situation as I understand it is as follows:
There is no 'club' as such in the UK (which is where most of us are), and not really any elsewhere.
The LAA magazine shows a club called the Belgian Nipper Club, which really consists of nothing. I paid my tenner a few years ago
and got a sticker and a sew on patch and that was it, nothing more and nothing since.
There is a fairly active group of useful people on this site though, and although not a club proper, it could be considered as one.
But I wont charge you a tenner for patch!
The 'support' for the type is still with Nipper Kits and Components, as it has been since the late 60's. This is a one man operation run by Alan Ayles from near Biggin Hill and provides parts and advice. Stock holding is reasonable, and I have never needed anything he didnt have. But rarer parts are often made by a group of us getting a production run done, such as anti shimmy nosewheel tyres for example.
Your best bet is without doubt to get hold of a second hand Nipper if you can, expect to pay no less than £10k for a reasonable one, anything up to £15k for a nice one. You will struggle to make a new build Nipper as the fuselage was jig built, and although the jigs still exist they are pretty much out of action. A lucky search of hangers and workshops might find you a part built abandoned project, but they are rare. There may be one such aircraft up for grabs in Cumbernauld due to the builders unfortunate passing before it was completed...
Call George Cormack if you want to know more.
Engine parts are of course readily available whether you have VW or Jabiru.

I hope you find what you are after, and if so tell us all about it!

Best wishes,

Paul.
G-NIPR.

Ripley

Re: Information and assistance with technical and parts

Postby Ripley » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Paul I am so sorry I missed your reply to my questions and never responded .Anyway I have since found and purchased a very nice Nipper G-ENIE from Robert Chatterton in Lincolnshire . It has a Peacock 1800 VW and is in fantastic condition .
Any idea how to contact Nipper components ? RiP
Attachments
SNC10926.JPG
SNC10926.JPG (930.49 KiB) Viewed 8485 times

Return to “WANTED”