nipper restoration

j.bakewell

nipper restoration

Postby j.bakewell » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi. I'm john bakewell. A year ago I acquired a mk 2 nipper G-ARXN that was last permitted in 1980, since then it has been
stripped , inspected,and recovered. Ive fitted twin leburg ignition and a Kubota alternator. The seat back is very uncomfortable. Does a mod exist to move the fuselage seat back cross tube further aft ? also I would like to replace the
Zenith carb and huge bulge in the top cowl. can anyone recommend a sidedraught type.? Does anyone have experience of
the AeroVee carb. regards JB.

Neil Spooner

Re: nipper restoration

Postby Neil Spooner » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am

Hi John,
Yes a mod' does exist for moving the seat back upper 2" back. PM me with your direct email & I will send you some info'.
The best carb' for you is the Ellison who are back in production, I am not sure if they are producing the EFS2 which is the one you need. If you can find a second hand one they can overhaul it for you. Expensive, but reliable. Stay away from the Aerovee or any POSA. I would not recommend the Rotec TBI, more trouble than they are worth in my opinion, unreliable, poor customer support. The Zenith is good, but very liable to icing, cheapest option is to keep it, but make sure you have a very good carb' heat source.
Good luck.
Neil
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Return to “WANTED”