Nipper Swarm!

Use this forum to arrange Nipper gatherings.
Neil Spooner

Nipper Swarm!

Postby Neil Spooner » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am

Hi All,

How about a "round robin" of Nippers..........the idea is to fly a route around the Nipper bases and add one to the flight, until we can muster no more Nippers and fly into somewhere interesting for Lunch/Picknick? Maybe a museum such as Old Warden? I am sure they would make us very welcome....or Turweston (it would be great to get something in the LAA mag'), or Duxford, or anywhere you suggest! Any input welcome.

Neil
Very Happy
A little help goes a long way.
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

jja66uk

Re: Nipper Swarm!

Postby jja66uk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Hello Neil

Sounds like a great idea, Old Warden or Duxford would be good, or how about Elvington if you fancy heading north?

Cheers

John

microlightgary

Postby microlightgary » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:26 am

I like the idea of Old warden I must say - a great place to visit and they're always very welcoming.

G-BLMW

Postby G-BLMW » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi Neil

Great idea Very Happy , Old Warden sounds good to me to. It would be good to get half a dozen or so Nippers together.

Stuart

NeilD

Postby NeilD » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I'd be on for Old Warden - or how about Breighton??? 2 nippers here already!

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:55 pm

......thanks for the reponse....I will email the other Nipper owners, most of us don't review the forum very often.

I have always enjoyed my visits to Brieghton.......what about dropping in on Barry Smith?

Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Pat Blenkinsopp

Postby Pat Blenkinsopp » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Yep count me in for preferably Old Warden.

Great idea.
All the best

Pat ASXI Very Happy

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Very late notice!!!!!!!

Anyone fancy a breakfast meet at Old Buckenham tomorrow the 29th April? 1000 local?

Neil
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Pat Blenkinsopp

Postby Pat Blenkinsopp » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Sorry mate, working Sad
Cheers,
Pat

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Mon May 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi All,
Sorry for the very late notice Breakfast "fly-in"!! Rob and I made it, nice B'fast Bap (egg, sausage, bacon) at Old Buck'. We then went over to Priory Farm to check out the Blackbarn Stearman restorations........very nice "cottage" outfit producing some outstanding lovely genuine work. Rob had to go so I made a lonesome trip up to Cromer, had another (!) breakfast bap (which was better than Old Buck') did 10 min's of practice aero's over Cromer and then headed off home via Seething for some fuel. Great day out. Photos below. Is anyone available for 14/15 May?
Neil

IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG (2.07 MiB) Viewed 16758 times
Attachments
IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0785.JPG (1.58 MiB) Viewed 16745 times
IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0783.JPG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 16737 times
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

G-BLMW

Postby G-BLMW » Mon May 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Neil

Glad to hear you both had a good day,that Stearman looks great. The Breckland strut Fathers day fly-in at Priory Farm is a good one (if it is on this year) should be 19th June.
I'm available on both 14 & 15 May......On 14th Flyer Magazine have got their bonus day at Duxford (1/2 price landing fee + discounted Musem entry.) also Old Warden Spring Evening Air Show. What have you got in mind?

Stuart

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Tue May 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi All,
It looks like a few of you may be free on the 14th May, two venues have been suggested:
Old Warden Suttleworth Spring Evening Air Show. As the name suggests, it is an evening bash, and they will fly the Edwardian collection in the evening wx permitting, so DEPARTURE slots are few for those that need to get away for a long flight home. Free admission to the collection with a £12 landing fee.
Duxford Flyer magazine Bonus Day. Open all day, slots at 15min intervals available, open at 1000, close at 1800. £7 landing fee, and £7 entrance fee.
Another alternative, which is much less prescriptive is to go to Old Warden on the 15th, no restrictions on landing/departing, same fee applies, but you can do as many take-offs and landings as you like. There is a good restaurant there serving breakfast from 0930.
I may be up for both 14th and 15th, ie Duxford on the 14th, O/Warden 15th, if anyone wants to nightstop here on the 14th I can accommodate 2 to sleep, and probably arrange B&B for others. The strip is 1 mile down the road, no hangarage, but secure tie downs and Mogas available. Duxford is about 20mins flying time from here.
Please let me know asap your preferences and we can formulate a plan. Old Warden are sending me a block booking sheet and briefing pack which I can forward to anyone interested.
Hope you can make it!!
Neil
ps: Evening BBQ/Beers at my place on the 14th (Just north of Colchester, Essex)
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

G-BLMW

Postby G-BLMW » Tue May 03, 2011 7:47 pm

14th at Duxford with 15th at Old Warden as a back up incase of bad Wx on 14th.(or vice versa!). I'll go with the majority.

Stuart

Neil Spooner

Postby Neil Spooner » Thu May 05, 2011 11:36 am

Hi All Nipper owners,
From feedback from some of you I have decided to “firm up” the arrangements for 14/15th May as we are in danger of a “committee” pitfall of never getting anything positively arranged!! So:
I have just booked 4 slots for Duxford on Saturday the 14th. The slots are 1000-1015.(I can arrange more) Landing fee and entrance at half price of £7 each. There is a good café on site, and lots to see if you haven’t been recently.
Old Warden will accept us ad-hoc on Sunday 15th, attached is the airfield brief. Again a good café and plenty to see in the museum. May I suggest an arrival about 1000?
Hope you can come, please keep me informed as to your intentions or if you arrange anything directly so I am “in the loop”.
Look forward to beating the Sywell gathering of 6 Nippers together!!
All the best,
Neil Spooner
BRIEF FOR OLD WARDEN:
VISITING PILOTS BRIEF................OLD WARDEN
SHUTTLEWORTH (OLD WARDEN) AIRFIELD EGTH
This is a private unlicensed aerodrome and PPR is required at all times.
Pilots use the aerodrome at their own risk.

Aerodrome information:-
Runway: 03/21 This is the only runway available to visiting pilots.
Circuit direction: 21 Left Hand 03 Right hand Circuit height 800 ft a.a.l.
Aerodrome elevation 110 ft AMSL Aerodrome radio frequency is 130.7 mhz:
If ATC is not manned, please make “blind” calls when joining and in the circuit.

ALL AIRCRAFT ARE TO MAKE A STANDARD OVERHEAD JOIN AND VISUAL CIRCUIT TO
PERMIT ANY MODEL FLYING TO CEASE.

Runway 03: TORA 511 m. ASDA 628 m.
Runway 21: TORA 628 m. ASDA 648 m.
Runway 03 has a marked downslope: The effective landing distance is reduced.
KEEP A GOOD LOOKOUT FOR OTHER AIRCRAFT THAT MAY BE TEST FLYING OR CARRYING
OUT A PRACTICE DISPLAY

Old Warden is an unlicensed airfield except by special arrangement.The starter extension south of College Drive is not available to visiting pilots. High sided vehicles often use College Drive, which is a private road. The approach to R/W 21 is over a public road.
Trees infringe the approach slope to R/W 21 and the take-off slope for R/W 03.
EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION
Pilots are to vacate the runway to the Northwest as soon as practicable. Do not backtrack the runway, use the mown taxiways. Exercise caution when taxying in case of surface damage by animals and ground undulations. Park well clear of all runways.
Pilots are to book in at the Shuttleworth Visitor Center, adjacent to the restaurant.
The aerodrome is situated in a rural area: Low Flying and/or aerobatics are not to be carried out within 3 nm of the airfield. Avoid overflying all local towns and villages: Do not overfly Home Farm (immediately to the south of the 21/03 centreline)

17/12/2010
SIX NIPPERS AT SYWELL:
Attachments
sywell 2008 (5).JPG
sywell 2008 (5).JPG (629.76 KiB) Viewed 16649 times
Nipper G-BRPM and G-BALS
RV4 G-IKON

Pat Blenkinsopp

Postby Pat Blenkinsopp » Thu May 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Neil ,
Great idea. Count me in for at least one event, havent decided which yet
but will probably be Duxford. I will let you know soonest.
Thanks for all the Old Warden details.
Kind regards,
Pat, G-ASXI
Very Happy

Return to “FLY-INS”